Often, hanging a dart board on the wall is enough to get started. All you need to do it hang it, take your darts and start playing. However, if you’re an admirer of exquisite furniture as well as insightful to protect your wall from missed shots, a dart board cabinet is what you need. Having the best dart board cabinet helps in several ways. First, it closes and protects the dart board when not in use. Secondly, it immediately lifts up the elegant look of any room, thanks to the artistic design. Finally, it protects the wall from being damaged by misplaced dart throws.
A dart board cabinet might cost more than the dart board itself and honestly, that might be a little surprising. But when you think of the creative value it adds to your décor and protecting the wall paint, well, a dart board cabinet is always worth the money.
Best Dart Board Cabinets Comparison Chart
Board Diameter (Inches)
41.5 x 21.25 x 3.5
Professional Dartboard cabinet set
41.5 x 24.8 x 5
Professional Dartboard cabinet set
Imperial NFL Merchandise
23-1/4 x 22 x 4
Customized NFL Logo
58 x 26.5 x 3.25
57 Games, 307 Options, 16 Players
22.8 x 18.9
27 Games, 195 Options, 8 Players
Fat Cat Mercury
24.8 x 20.2 x 1.5
34 Games, 183 Options, 8 Players
Read More On Darts
Best Dartboard Cabinet Set Reviews
Best Bristle Dart Board Cabinet Sets | Steel Tip Dart Board Cabinets 2019
1. Viper Hudson Sisal/Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard & Cabinet Bundle
- Open Dimensions: 41.5" L x 21.25" W x 3.5" D
- Closed Dimensions: 23.25" L x 21.25" W x 3.5 D
- Interior Dimensions: 20" L x 20" W x 2-1/4" D
- Wood Type: Solid pine
- Weight: 21 pounds
- Accessories: Sisal Dartboard, Dry Erase Marker, Dry Erase Cricket and Outchart Boards, 6 Starter Darts, and Mounting hardware.
Acquiring different equipment needed for a darts game can often be a hassle. Many times you might accidentally purchase items that are not compatible with each other. A comprehensive dartboard package that contains a dart board, cabinet, and even darts can solve your problem. Viper Hudson is something just like that.
Used in official competitions, Viper Hudson comes with the official 18-inch dart board. The board is made of self-healing bristle/sisal fibers which makes the board durable. The bull’s eye is made staple free so that the bounce out remains limited. The rings of this board can be changed to increase the lifespan to a great length.
As for appearance, the elegant mahogany finish, along with the solid pine structure and bronze hinges will add an exquisite look to your room. This solid wood dart board cabinet comes with mounting accessories so that you don’t have a hard time searching for compatible equipment. The package includes 22-gram steel tip darts, which comes with excellent stability and gripping points to improve your game.
What We Like
- A complete package to start right away.
- Wooden dart board cabinet with staple free bull's eye.
- Cheap dart board cabinet with professional quality.
- Viper black Mariah darts included.
- Elegant look with the mahogany finish.
1. While the darts are of enough quality to start immediately, for tournaments, you might need better darts.
2. Barrington Premium Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set
- Dimensions: 41.5 x 24.8 x 5 inches
- Materials: Basswood Veneer.
- Weight: 27.5 pounds
- Accessories: Sisal Dartboard, Dry Erase Marker, Dry Erase Cricket and Outchart Boards, 6 Steel Tip Darts, 6 Flights.
When it comes to providing different options under the same name, no one can beat Barrington Premium Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set. The set comes with different packages such as dartboard cabinet without dartboard, comprehensive set, and cabinet set with LED lights, so watch out when you’re looking on Amazon.
Whether you are a beginner, or professional, or a professional with a busy life, Barrington professional dart board cabinet certainly has the quality to improve your game. The structure is made of high-grade MDF and wood veneer, giving it the durability for a long time. The structure is beautifully crafted, which makes it look like an esteemed furniture for your room.
The sisal board can hold darts well and prevents bouncing. The package comes with 6 darts and 6 flights to get you started immediately. The LED lights that come with the Woodhaven model is a visual treat for the eyes. The board is 17.75 inches in diameter, replicating the official size. The bull’s eye is staple free to prevent bouncing as much as possible.
Not only this board can be used for professional games, but the simple yet artistic décor also makes it a perfect gift for your loved ones.
What We Like
- Made of quality basswood veneer and premium density A-grade sisal.
- LED lights enhance the playing experience.
- Staple-free bull's eye.
- Comes with additional darts and flights.
1. The darts might not be of top quality for professional games.
3. Imperial Officially Licensed NFL Merchandise: Dart Cabinet Set with Steel Tip Bristle Dartboard and Darts
- Dimensions: 23-1/4" L x 22" W x 4" D
- Materials: Solid pine wood.
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Accessories: Bristle dart board, 6 NFL logo steel-tip darts with team name on the flights, 2 chalkboard scorers, chalk and eraser.
How would it feel to use a truly customized dartboard with the cabinet? Isn’t it great to see the logo of your favorite NFL team on the cabinet and darts? Imperial comes with tons of custom options to make that happen and increase your game with the comfort and spirit of the home team.
The design of this board cabinet is rather simple. Made of solid pine, the cabinet has a nice finish on the outside. The package includes a tournament compatible 18 inches bristle dart board, 6 darts and scorecard to keep track of your game. Dartboard cabinet mounting kit is included with the set, so you don’t need to lurk for additional accessories to buy.
What We Like
- Made for professional players.
- Durable hard pine wood construction.
- Officially licensed by National Football League.
- The logo on the cabinet and darts brings back home team spirit.
1. The darts are not of top quality.
Best Electronic Dartboard With Cabinet | Soft Tip Dart Board Cabinets 2019
4. Viper Neptune Electronic Dartboard
- Open Dimensions: 58" L x 26.5" W x 3.25" D
- Closed Dimensions: 21.25" L x 26.5" W x 3.5 D
- Materials: Commercial grade nylon segments
- Weight: 21.6 pounds
- Accessories: Wood cabinet, 6 soft tip starter darts, mounting hardware, and an external power supply adapter (5V, 1000 mA).
Viper Neptune has been increasingly popular with dart players, that’s because it replaced the need of manual scorekeeping. The Neptune is just an electronic version of a manual dart board, simple yet effective. The board comes with professional sized 15.5 inches diameter and has LCD lights to help see the statistics.
Sometimes, a maverick dart player can shoot a dart way off the line. To prevent damage, the Neptune comes with a large stray darts ring. The high-grade nylon rings a quiet in nature. The silver, black and red color scheme is a treat for the eyes. The ultra-thin spider helps to hold the darts and facilitates close grouping for better scoring opportunities.
The board can be used with soft tip darts. It can facilitate up to 16 players, 57 games and 307 selections. You won’t need any batteries since it has external power sources. The whole set comes with mounting hardware along with the built-in wooden cabinet.
What We Like
- No external batteries needed.
- Quality dart board cabinet with light.
- LCD lighting to see the score from a distance.
- Large ring to catch misplaced darts.
- Can play unique games like Minnesota.
1. The doors might need some adjusting.
5. WIN.MAX Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard Set with Cabinet, 12 Darts LED Display
- Materials: ABS Cabinet
- Weight: 10.8 pounds
- Accessories: 12 soft tip starter darts, 52 soft tip dart points, mounting hardware, AC power adapter, and game manual.
Playing one game day after day can be boring. Same goes for dart game. WIN.MAX Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard Set with Cabinet comes with 27 different games and 195 options to eliminate that chance. Win Max cabinet can accommodate up to 8 players for playing and entertainment.
The board comes with concave shaped segment holes along with very thin spider to avoid bouncing of darts. The 360-degree catch ring that surrounds the board is pretty large and can protect the wall from distant misplaced shots.
As for playing, you don’t have to pause play over and over to keep tab of the scoring. An electronic LCD display shows a clear view of the score. You can also adjust the volume within 0-7.
The cabinet is made of robust ABS. There are built-in slots on the cabinet door to keep up to 4 dart sets on each door. The package comes with 12 soft tip darts and 52 dart points to get you started immediately.
What We Like
- Comes with 27 exciting games for up to 8 players.
- A total of 12 dart holsters to keep your darts.
- Adjustable sound helps to grow the sense of competition.
- Thin spider enables tight grouping of shots.
- Plastic dart, suitable for children and amateurs.
1. The darts are not high quality. You might have to purchase high-quality darts.
6. Fat Cat Mercury Electronic Dartboard
- Dimensions: 26 x 3.5 x 20.5 inches
- Materials: Sturdy ABS
- Weight: 10.25 pounds
- Accessories: 6 darts, 6 spare tips, mounting hardware, AC power adapter, and game manual.
Not so different from the Win Max, but it comes with more games. Fat Cat Mercury is an electronic dart board that comes with a 13.5” diameter and even more space outside it for stray darts. The cabinet set facilitates 34 games, along with 183 scoring options. Which means you won’t run out of options to have fun and different taste.
The board comes with a color scheme combined of red, white and vivid blue. You won’t have a problem seeing the areas. The presence of so many game options will help you grow as a player. The cabinet door can act as dart holster and keep up to 4 set of darts.
The ring segment is made of resin, which means they’ll pass the test of time. The set comes with an inbuilt storage space, so you don’t have to sweat about keeping it safe. The board can be used by 8 players at a time. The LCD display shows a clear picture of the score.
What We Like
- External power source like AC adapter, no need of batteries.
- Sleep mode and auto power on to conserve power.
- Eleven buttons act as the key interface.
- Five skill levels to play against.
1. Not for professional uses.
Best Dart Board Cabinets Buying Guide
Types Of Dart Board
Since dart board cabinets are often sold as a set, it’s important to know which type of board goes with your expertise and playing style. Even though you purchase the cabinet separately, determining your dart board type still comes first.
There are three types of dart boards. Bristle, Electronic and Magnetic. Bristle boards are generally used by professionals and experienced players. The characteristic of this board is they are made of sisal fiber and heals by itself. That means the board returns to its initial status after the dart is removed.
This type of boards is used in tournaments and places for professionals. Since steel tip darts are used for this board, it’s not recommended for children. Usually, most of the dart board cabinets come for bristle type boards as steel tip can damage your wall.
Electronic dartboards are good for beginners and amateurs, even occasional players can spend a good time with them. The board is usually made of plastic, and the darts are also plastic tipped.
A magnetic dartboard is a combination of bristle and electronic dart boards. The notable thing is magnet is used to attract and stick the darts.
It’s no wonder many people try to trade quality cabinets for cheaply made ones. Well, it might seem you are saving a few bucks, but the approach can be counterproductive in the long run. Cheaply made boards are susceptible to weather, meaning they can decay quickly. If you add losing the beautiful appearance of the room with the cheap looked cabinet, settling for the low quality cabinet isn’t an option.
Protection Of The Wall
You can have a dart board for a fairly low price and get started right away. However, you should hold your horses, since the protection of your beautiful painted wall is involved. It’s not uncommon for dart players to miss shots every now and then. The problem is, if that leads to damage to your wall and further accidents, that’ll be unpleasing for your eyes and money bag. A dart board cabinet will act as an extended space for stray darts. Also, you can close the extra space when the board is not in use, covering the dart board for good.
Design And Finishing
Dart boards are not meant to just protect the wall, they are like a furniture for your home or gathering place. Manufacturers also come up with creative and unique design to fulfill the purpose. Combining high-quality wood and beautiful artwork, the boards lift up the elegance of the room.
Installation And Additional Accessories
Another thing is the installation. We discourage using hanged cabinets as that can be risky. Using a fixed setup is always better. And if the hardware and installation manual comes with the package, that’ll help you get started as soon as possible. Some dart boards come with extra facilities like dart holders.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Hang Dartboard Cabinet?
Hanging a dart board cabinet isn’t rocket science. Yet one has to be careful and do the job properly. It’s better to seek help from a professional plumber. However, if you ever decide to go by yourself, the steps are given below.
1. Find a space for your dart board cabinet. That doesn’t just mean hanging space for your cabinet. For playing dart, the player needs to stand about 2.4 meters distant from the board. Make sure you have the space available to stand.
2. Stray darts are just part of the game. Make sure you don’t have any valuable painting or stuff on the backside of the cabinet.
3. Measure the wall to make sure there is enough space for the cabinet even when it’s open. Also, hang the cabinet 5 feet 8 inches high, if you want to follow official rules. Otherwise, just center the bull’s eye according to your eye level.
4. Put the cabinet and mark the wall through pre-drilled holes on the cabinet using a pencil. Use a level to make sure the board cabinet is not inclined.
5. Drill the holes, put the cabinet on proper place and mount it using screws. Most of the times screws come with the mounting hardware. If not, use a #8 screw (40 mm). Check the cabinet again with level and make necessary adjustments if needed.
2. How To Fix A Dartboard To A Cabinet?
Hanging a dartboard without cabinet might result in damaging your wall. Even for professional players, misplaced shots can happen from time to time. It’s necessary to use dart board cabinet to prevent any damage from that. Hanging a dart board on a cabinet can be done in a few minutes and with a few tools.
All you have to do is mount a cabinet using the previous method. Then use brackets that come with the kits to attach the board with the cabinet. Make sure the board is tight. If the board seems loose, use a screwdriver to tighten the board so that it doesn’t move during the play.
3. How Far Do You Stand From A Dart Board?
The regulation distance for darts is 7 feet 9.25 inch or 2.37 meter. It is measured from the front of the board to the toe line. The diagonal distance between the toe line to the bullseye should be 9 feet 7.5 inch or 115.5 inches or 2.93 meters. Follow these two measurements to set up your dartboard correctly.
Sometimes questions arise about the throwing distance for women. Generally, the throwing distance for man and women are same. But in the league tournaments around the UK, the throwing distance for ladies is 7 or 7.5 feet. Same goes for the height of dartboard. Player distance length from dartboard also varies in the UK due to the differences in regional dartboard type.
Wrapping It Up
Unlike many other things, it isn’t just the quality that determines the best dart board cabinet. Elegant look, whether it will go well with the room, stability are other factors you should keep in mind. Since it is a necessary addition for dart players, it’s best not to compromise for mediocre products and being compelled to buy again.
Usually, dartboard cabinets come with a set containing the board, darts, and even mounting hardware too. Make sure you purchase as a set if you’re just starting out. This’ll save you from tiresome pursuits and you can start right away. If you have a board already, you might just need the cabinet. However, don’t forget to check compatibility before buying.